Nowadays, a lot of business owners try to force a product into a market.
They later struggle with not delivering enough value for real growth of their business. This is because there is not enough demand for what they are selling.
In business, how do you make a no-brainer for people to say "Yes" and become a critical function of their business? Even when it's good or bad for the economy, they will still need you.
I think too many products and businesses, sometimes including our own fall into category - "It's a nice to have". How do you make it "A must have"?
Think about how can you make something a critical part of peoples' lives?
Here is the plan:
- Pick a goal
- Map it out per month, so you can go back and review what you're doing each month
- Plan how you are going to get to that goal each month. If you realize, you will not hit your target based on the plan, you have to re-check the plan.
- After a month (ideally on a weekly basis), assess your goals, and see if you on track or not. If not, it's pretty simple, what do you plan to get back on track?
The hardest part is prioritizing. You have to prioritize what you are not going to do. Assess what you are currently doing with question: "Does this really move a needle?". If it doesn't help your business, cut it out completely and move on. It's hard, but it moves things to the whole new level.
Many business owners face the fact that the demand is nice to have but not a 'must-to-have'. In this situation, you have 2 choices
- A. Improve the product
- B. Pick a more specific customer who is like 'Oh my god, I always wanted this!'. Because currently, people's reaction is "Oh, this is nice" and they don't really do much with it.
Keep selling, don't give up on that. But you need to get to the point where people say: "I want that! Can I have that, please?"
- Find the more specific customer, with whom you're going to have a lot more success with marketing, who will see your product and say: "Shut up and take my money".
- Some people even say: "Oh, the marketing is not working".
- You know why the marketing is not working because they DON'T WANT what you have. Once, you hit that fit, that demand side, it will be easier to grow your business.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Feel free to share your experience in the comments below 👇🏻.